Vincent Benic Architect (VBA) is a firm providing architectural and planning services for commercial, institutional, and residential projects. Founded in 1993 as ABC Architects and now as VBA, our firm has the expertise of over twenty-five years of professional practice. Also, we have designed and managed many major projects while affiliated with various nationally known firms. VBA offers this broad experience in the context of a medium-sized office with full computer capability. This ensures direct partner involvement at all stages of work.
The aim of Vincent Benic Architect is to produce built projects of the highest quality; ones that respond directly to user needs, respect natural, physical, and social environments, and use appropriate technologies in imaginative ways. VBA is also based firmly in the realities of cost and time. Our definition of good design, while satisfying all of these factors, upholds that the building also be efficiently organized, handsomely proportioned, and beautifully detailed.
We have developed an approach to design that acknowledges the formidable amount of information that has an impact upon any project, and emphasizes the responsibility of the architect to elicit, coordinate, and use this data in leading the design team. We believe it is most important to:
• Encourage close client involvement at the beginning of the project and maintain it throughout the design and construction process.
• Establish a coordinated team of in-house staff and special consultants who remain on the project from concept design through project completion.
• Develop and follow a rational design process, one that is clearly bounded by a project schedule and budget.
VBA offers a broad range of services that are designed to meet the specific needs of differing projects:
• Preliminary Services
• Standard Architectural Services
• Preservation Services
• Planning and Urban Design Services
These services are described in detail below. They are followed by profiles of the principal and staff architects of VBA and by a representative listing of their work to date.